ARUP Laboratories, Inc (ARUP) is a national reference laboratory that specializes in esoteric testing and performs more
than 3,000 tests and test combinations, the majority of which are orderable under GSA Contract V797P-7211a. ARUP
is owned by the University of Utah and its Department of Pathology. Testing is performed in one location at ARUP’s central facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. Below are some of ARUP’s highlights:
- MD and PhD faculty members from the University of Utah serve as ARUP’s medical directors and consultants.
- Active research and development programs focused on new technologies and tests.
- Testing performed 24 hours per day, 365 days per year at one central facility.
- National courier network.
- Online training for infectious shipping.
- Management reports and client notifications including:
- Monthly QA reports
- Reflex testing notification
- Utilization reports
- Analyzing Test Order Patterns™ (ATOP®) program
- Test updates (Hot Lines and technical bulletins)
- Methodology and technology transfer.
- Reporting options including:
- LIS-to-LIS interfaces
- PC workstations (ARUP’s System 2000®)
- ARUP order inquiry (available through ARUP Connect™)
- ARUP Consult®
- Physician’s Guide to Laboratory Test Selection
- Nearly 2,000 lab tests categorized for diagnostic decision making
- Disease-related topics include background information, test ordering suggestions, and concise diagnostic advice
- Diagnostic algorithms