- Uses CLIA-waived, FDA-cleared device.
- Includes 13 unique drug assays: morphine, oxycodone,
buprenorphine, methadone, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines,
barbiturates, methamphetamine, amphetamine, cocaine,
ecstasy, phencyclidine, and marijuana.
- Requires minimum 30 mL urine.
- Verifies physiological urine temperature.
- Results ready in 5 minutes.
- False positives were uncommon, but occasionally
observed, with amphetamines, benzodiazepine, methadone,
and tricyclic antidepressant tests during evaluation at
ARUP; false negatives were observed for clonazepam.
Any screen result (positive or negative) that is inconsistent
with clinical expectations and pharmacy history should be
confirmed by a second, more specific technology such as
mass spectrometry. Targeted testing is also available for
drugs not detected by this drug screen cup.
Recommended CPT Code(s)
Specifications of the ARUP Drug Screen Cup
Manufacturer's Packet Insert