Mary Bronner, MD
Division Chief: Anatomic Pathology and Oncology
Carl R. Kjeldsberg, MD Presidential Endowed Chair Professor of Pathology, University of Utah
- Hepatic and Pancreaticobiliary Pathology
- Molecular Oncology
- Medical Degree—University of Pennsylvania
- Residency—University of Pennsylvania
- Editorial Board Member, Human Pathology
- Editorial Board Member, Modern Pathology
- President, GI Pathology Society
- Council Member, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Basic, translational and clinical GI, hepatic and pancreaticobiliary pathology
- Molecular oncology
- The Arthur Purdy Stout Prize
- *Sangle NA, et al. Overdiagnosis of high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus: a multicenter, international study. Mod Pathol. 2015 Jun;28(6):758–65.
- Krah NM, et al. The acinar differentiation determinant PTF1A inhibits initiation of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. 2015 Jul 7;4.
- Runtsch MC, et al. MicroRNA-146a constrains multiple parameters of intestinal immunity and increases susceptibility to DSS colitis. 2015 Oct 6.
- Kanth P, et al. Gene signature in sessile serrated polyps identifies colon cancer subtype. Cancer Prev Res. 2016 Jun;9(6):456–65.
- Shaco-Levy R, et al. Morphologic characterization of hamartomatous gastrointestinal polyps in Cowden syndrome, Peutz-Jeghers syndrome, and juvenile polyposis syndrome. Hum Pathol. 2016 Mar;49:39–48.
- Lynam-Lennon N, et al. Low miR-187 expression promotes resistance to chemoradiation therapy in vitro and correlates with treatment failure in patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma. Mol Med. 2016 May 23;22.
- Underhill HR, et al. Fragment length of circulating tumor DNA. PLoS Genet. 2016 Jul 18;12(7):e1006162.
- Lin J, et al. Novel microRNA signature to differentiate ulcerative colitis from Crohn’s disease: A genome-wide study using next generation sequencing. Microrna. 2016;5(3):222–9.
- Shaco-Levy R, et al. Gastrointestinal polyposis in Cowden syndrome. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2017 Aug;51(7):e6–7.
- Samadder NJ, et al. Colorectal cancer in inflammatory bowel diseases: A population-based study in Utah. Dig Dis Sci. 2017 Aug;62(8):2126–32.
- *Lloyd IE, et al. A Clinicopathologic Evaluation of Incidental Fundic Gland Polyps With Dysplasia: Implications for Clinical Management. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017 Jul;112(7):1094–102.
- Cotton CC, et al. Late recurrence of Barrett's esophagus after complete eradication of intestinal metaplasia is rare: final report from ablation in intestinal metaplasia containing dysplasia trial. 2017 Sep;153(3):681–8.
- El Jabbour T, et al. PD-L1 protein expression in tumour cells and immune cells in mismatch repair protein-deficient and –proficient colorectal cancer: the foundation study using the SP142 antibody and whole section immunohistochemistry. J Clin Pathol. 2018 Jan;71(1):46–51.
- Schell JC, et al. Control of intestinal stem cell function and proliferation by mitochondrial pyruvate metabolism. Nat Cell Biol. 2017 Sep;19(9):1027–35.
- *Caliskan A, et al. Intramucosal lipomas of the colon implicate Cowden syndrome. Mod Pathology. 2018 Apr;31(4):643–51.
- Jedrzkiewicz J, et al. Liver fibrosis quantification by digital whole slide imaging and two photon microscopy with second harmonic generation. Int J of Pathol Clin Res. 2018;4:078.
- Russell CW, et al. Context-dependent requirements for FimH and other canonical virulence factors in gut colonization by extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli. Infect Immun. 2018 Feb 20;86(3).
- Hellwig S, Nix DA, Gligorich KM, O'Shea JM, Thomas A, Fuertes CL, Bhetariya PJ, Marth GT, Bronner MP, Underhill HR. Automated size selection for short cell-free DNA fragments enriches for circulating tumor DNA and improves error correction during next generation sequencing. PLoS One. 2018 Jul 25;13(7):e0197333.
- Kanth P, et al. Small RNA sequencing of sessile serrated polyps identifies microRNA profile associated with colon cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2019 Jan;58(1):23–33.
* Resident/Fellow/Graduate students supervised by Dr. Bronner.