Skip to main content
Patricia Revelo, MD, PhD
Medical Director: Renal and Cardiovascular Pathology
Professor, University of Utah Department of Pathology
- Master’s Degree—Pathology, Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Doctorate Degree—Pathology, Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Medical Degree—Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Residency—Pathology, Hospital Eugenio Espejo
- Fellowship—Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Residency—Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- American Board of Pathology
- Genetic, serologic, and phenotypic characterization of systemic sclerosis in collaboration with rheumatology
- Prostate cancer tissue collection for Micro-RNA studies in collaboration with urology
- Joe Holden Clinical Excellence Award in Anatomic Pathology
- Mansour SG, et al. Reliability of deceased-donor procurement kidney biopsy images uploaded in United Network for Organ Sharing. Clin Transplant. 2018 Dec;32(12):e13441.
- Horne SJ, et al. Podocyte-specific loss of Krüppel-Like Factor 6 increases mitochondrial injury in diabetic kidney disease. Diabetes. 2018 Nov;67(11):2420–33.
- Guo Y, Pace J, Li Z, Ma'ayan A, Wang Z, Revelo MP, Chen E, Gu X, Attalah A, Yang Y, Estrada C, Yang VW, He JC, Mallipattu SK. Podocyte-specific induction of Krüppel-Like Factor 15 restores differentiation markers and attenuates kidney injury in proteinuric kidney disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018 Oct;29(10):2529–45.
- Daud A, et al. Microvascular loss and diastolic dysfunction in severe symptomatic cardiac allograft vasculopathy. Circ Heart Fail. 2018 Aug;11(8):e004759.
- Varedi D, et al. Unmasking early wild-type transthyretin amyloidosis cardiomyopathy in a patient with refractory atrial fibrillation and unremarkable cardiac imaging. Circ Heart Fail. 2018 Jul;11(7):e004812.
- Estrada CC, et al. Krüppel-like factor 4 is a negative regulator of STAT3-induced glomerular epithelial cell proliferation. JCI Insight. 2018 Jun 21;3(12).
- Khalighi MA, et al. Staphylococcal infection-related glomerulonephritis with cryoglobulinemic features. Kidney Int Rep. 2018 Jun 2;3(5):1128–34.
- Lloyd IE, et al. De novo immune complex deposition in kidney allografts: a series of 32 patients. Hum Pathol. 2018 Jan;71:109–16.
- Gu X, et al. The loss of Krüppel-like factor 15 in Foxd1+ stromal cells exacerbates kidney fibrosis. Kidney Int. 2017 Nov;92(5):1178–93.
- Khalighi MA, et al. Light chain podocytopathy mimicking recurrent focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Am J Transplant. 2017 Mar;17(3):824-829.
- Mallipattu SK, et al. Krüppel-like factor 15 mediates glucocorticoid-induced restoration of podocyte differentiation markers. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017 Jan;28(1):166–84.
- Lloyd IE, et al. C3 glomerulopathy in adults: a distinct patient subset showing frequent association with monoclonal gammopathy and poor renal outcome. Clin Kidney J. 2016 Dec;9(6):794–9.
- Ronquillo CC, et al. Ciliopathy-associated IQCB1/NPHP5 protein is required for mouse photoreceptor outer segment formation. FASEB J. 2016 Oct;30(10):3400–12.
- Ko BS, et al. Immunologic effects of continuous-flow left ventricular assist devices before and after heart transplant. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Aug;35(8):1024–30.
- Hammond MEH, et al. ISHLT pathology antibody mediated rejection score correlates with increased risk of cardiovascular mortality: a retrospective validation analysis. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Mar;35(3):320–5.
- Kfoury AG, et al. Mixed cellular and antibody-mediated rejection in heart transplantation: in-depth pathologic and clinical observations. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Mar;35(3):335–41.
- Ware AL, et al. The use of circulating donor specific antibody to predict biopsy diagnosis of antibody-mediated rejection and to provide prognostic value after heart transplantation in children. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Feb;35(2):179–85.
- Suksaranjit P, et al. Shortness of breath and cardiac conduction abnormality caused by infiltrative cardiomyopathy. Eur Heart J. 2015 Sep 1;36(33):2238.
- Frech TM, et al. Cardiac metabolomics and autopsy in a patient with early diffuse systemic sclerosis presenting with dyspnea: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2015 Jun 10;9:136.